Shoot, now it's raining :barnie

At least, I can share the planters DH made using cedar fencing and metal livestock waterers:
100_1107.JPG
100_1108.JPG
100_1109.JPG

Each of the 3 little houses has 2 of these in front, with gravel in the bottom for drainage and full of dirt. Now if this rain would just stop!

Took me a while to get back here. When we finished we ate a real late lunch, DH went back to work and I fell asleep :cool:

As for the plants I picked out, it's late in the season here so took what I could get.

House #1
Marigold, Vinca, Petunia
100_1127.JPG

House #2 (our house)
Grass, Geraniums, Petunia
100_1130.JPG

We also planted 6 small slow growing something-or-other on each side of everyone's walkway (you can see 1 bottom left corner). DH also picked up 2 big hanging Geranium plants for me :))
100_1128.JPG

House #3
Grass, Vinca
100_1134.JPG

The guys still have some top soil to spread out and Wednesday sod will be delivered. The goal is to have everything done before the company VIP's come to town for the annual picnic this coming Friday.

I just hope the antelope don't eat everything before I have a chance to enjoy it! I know some plants deter bugs, maybe some will deter antelope? :lol:

Took me a while to get back here. When we finished we ate a real late lunch, DH went back to work and I fell asleep :cool:

As for the plants I picked out, it's late in the season here so took what I could get.

House #1
Marigold, Vinca, Petunia
View attachment 1469978

House #2 (our house)
View attachment 1469980

We also planted 6 small slow growing something-or-other on each side of everyone's walkway (you can see 1 bottom left corner). DH also picked up 2 big hanging Geranium plants for me :))
View attachment 1469979

House #3
Grass, Vinca
View attachment 1469981

The guys still have some top soil to spread out and Wednesday sod will be delivered. The goal is to have everything done before the company VIP's come to town for the annual picnic this coming Friday.

I just hope the antelope don't eat everything before I have a chance to enjoy it! I know some plants deter bugs, maybe some will deter antelope? :lol:
My experience with the wildlife here is that yellow flowers get left alone better than any other color but in a really dry year even the yellow flowers get eaten. Catmint is the only plant that I have found that they truly leave alone.

Of course I have lots of Zebrina Malva Hollyhocks that I can give you.
full

House #1
Marigold, Vinca, Petunia
View attachment 1469978

House #2 (our house)
View attachment 1469980

View attachment 1469979

House #3
Grass, Vinca
View attachment 1469981

Love your choices for color, the planters look great! Is that little green thing next to the walk an evergreen of some sort?

House #1
Marigold, Vinca, Petunia
View attachment 1469978

House #2 (our house)
View attachment 1469980

View attachment 1469979

House #3
Grass, Vinca
View attachment 1469981

Those are so pretty. :)

Back
Top Bottom