Learn something new every day or year.:old
I have grown nasturtiums long ago, but they just did not do as well as when I started container growing them. Concentrates the moisture and feed to plant rather than ALL the surrounding ground. Another thing learned is this plant grows as a vine. Next year I will plant into hanging baskets as well.
IMG_20180903_131956857.jpg

This pot I planted 5 or 6 seeds. There are 2 different color flowers. The packet of seeds said assorted. I have one pot that there was only one stray plant that came up. (seed actually landed there accidentally)
The plant grew to be just as big as the above with more than 5 plants.
I forgot to take a pix of it.:(

Learn something new every day or year.:old
I have grown nasturtiums long ago, but they just did not do as well as when I started container growing them. Concentrates the moisture and feed to plant rather than ALL the surrounding ground. Another thing learned is this plant grows as a vine. Next year I will plant into hanging baskets as well.
View attachment 1524836
This pot I planted 5 or 6 seeds. There are 2 different color flowers. The packet of seeds said assorted. I have one pot that there was only one stray plant that came up. (seed actually landed there accidentally)
The plant grew to be just as big as the above with more than 5 plants.
I forgot to take a pix of it.:(
There are actually different varieties of nasturtiums, some short, 12 inches, andsome long and trailing up to 4 feet. They are always best direct seeded. Yours are looking good.

It didn't work. After having to cook down so much to get thick enough it was overcooked.

I still have grape jam from 2 years ago, so I'll make the rest of the grapes into juice (which I don't drink, but for husband).
don't know if this would work or not but my mil instead of cooking down tomatoes to make sauce would take a old timey dish clothe and strain the juice down, then scrape it off, used some of the "tomato water" so it wasn't real thick and can that for sauce, seems like the clothe would do the same for juice. i forget what they call that clothe but i know it wasn't cheesecloth , she also used the same clothe to cover her bread as it was rising.i think the last i bought, i bought from walmarts, in plastic bags, not on a bolt

thank you rj, a mind's a terrible thing to lose and i'm losing mine, you're right, it was the linen that mom had and used, she used hers for everything, when she drained berries, she would then bleach it, i think not only do i have the linens but also have the cheese cloth too, just in case i ever want to make cheese again (used to make like a cottage cheese for the husband when we had a couple of goats)

Thanks RJ,,,,,,, I went to the site out of curiosity, and guess what I found. :)
A cheese culture that I am going to get and try. I make cheese occasionally, but this one really sparked my interest..
https://cheesemaking.com/products/fromage-blanc-starter-culture-for-cheese-making

Back
Top Bottom