Today the neighbors across the street came over to see if I was alright. They said they had heard an explosion coming from the other side of the house. I did a quick look around and did not see anything but I had heard a loud sound at the same time. The sound I heard was not nearly as loud as the neighbors description but I was in the house and they were out in the open.

Later when I went to check for eggs, I found the source of their "explosion".
full

A Big Moose pumpkin that was around 40 to 50 lbs. fell off of the top rail of the north side of the pen and dropped approximately 12' to the ground where it "exploded". They said they had seen birds flying everywhere after the noise.
:lau

Today the neighbors across the street came over to see if I was alright. They said they had heard an explosion coming from the other side of the house. I did a quick look around and did not see anything but I had heard a loud sound at the same time. The sound I heard was not nearly as loud as the neighbors description but I was in the house and they were out in the open.

full

A Big Moose pumpkin that was around 40 to 50 lbs. fell off of the top rail of the north side of the pen and dropped approximately 12' to the ground where it "exploded". They said they had seen birds flying everywhere after the noise.
:lau:gig

full

Pumpkin explosion?? :giggood it didn't hit anyone.

hi, I love gardening but virtually stopped a couple years ago ,bad osteoarthritis ,took me all my time to look after chickens ,reading how you are all coping has me determined to start again.live on my own so do all myself i have now built a raised bed going to do another one start growing veg again ,missed doing that, thanks for the inspiration !

Back
Top Bottom