I start with dry beans but I am not adding nasty purslane to mine.
My daughter puts it in stir fry. I didn't think it had much flavor at all.
My chickens eat the heck out of it.
We have another weed that grows in sandy soil and looks a little like purslane. It has very shallow roots. The chickens won't eat that one.

We always thought my dad would live forever. He'd put leftover fish in the oven and then eat it the next day. Same with any meat. He scraped mold off old cheese and ate it. He drank expired milk. The man would consume anything.
Lets hope dad lived a good life.💕
BTW,,, It is mold that flavors the expensive Cheese that is stored for like a year in cellars. Then the mold is scraped off/removed,, and sold. The roots of the mold go deep into the cheese,, and that is what creates the unique flavor.
Not all mold is bad,,,, just as not all bacteria is bad.
My father used to save a portion of fresh farmers cheese in a cabinet,, and let the mold grow on it. Then he ate it mold, and all.
Mom would not touch it.

We always thought my dad would live forever. He'd put leftover fish in the oven and then eat it the next day. Same with any meat. He scraped mold off old cheese and ate it. He drank expired milk. The man would consume anything.
I have never gotten sick from eating cheese after I cut the mold off. I have had a couple cases of food poisoning from eating things that had been left out for too long.

I use expired milk as long as it smells okay. I don't drink milk even if it is fresh.

Last edited:
I have never gotten sick from eating cheese after I cut the mold off. I have had a couple cases of food poisoning from eating thins that had been left out for too long.

I use expired milk as long as it smells okay. I don't drink milk even if it is fresh.
I've only had food poisoning one time. I never, ever, want that again. And x2 on the milk. I don't drink it at all.
My dad would drink the "chunky & slightly off" milk. 🤢

Back
Top Bottom