They are finding the plastic breaks down into micro particles, especially if it gets hot. Mom had a couple cases of water forgotten from y2k . 2009 I went to move the cases out of the basement and the bottles were sucked in and smelt funny. I pitched them
I don't know about others but it doesn't take long with water in plastic containers before I can taste the plastic in the water.

They are finding the plastic breaks down into micro particles, especially if it gets hot. Mom had a couple cases of water forgotten from y2k . 2009 I went to move the cases out of the basement and the bottles were sucked in and smelt funny. I pitched themu
They were putting expiration dates on water bottles decades before they learned about micro-plastics, before they discovered the risks of BPA. New Jersey state government was the first to require water bottles be dated so that it would be no different from sodas and other drinks on the shelf. It was a political decision, not a health one.

Edit: Given current knowledge, including that phthalates in plastics are at least as harmful as BPA, it would be best if water wasn't in plastic at all. I use filtered water and put it in glass or stainless steel containers to minimize exposure.

Last edited:
I don't know the names of most weeds. If it is not what I planted, it is a weed.
I spent a few hours working with the old grape vines that I am trying to rehabilitate. a few of them are worth tying to trellises . I got four of them done. got everything weeded and removed stray roots. It is a mess.
I will be mulching with rotted wood chips.
I have a bunch of roots soaking in water until I prepare a place to plant them. If they grow, they grow

I don't know the names of most weeds. If it is not what I planted, it is a weed.
I spent a few hours working with the old grape vines that I am trying to rehabilitate. a few of them are worth tying to trellises . I got four of them done. got everything weeded and removed stray roots. It is a mess.
I will be mulching with rotted wood chips.
I have a bunch of roots soaking in water until I prepare a place to plant them. If they grow, they grow
Getting weeded is enough for one day

Back
Top Bottom