I never had any luck with calliflower. funny, because I had good cabbage and brussels sprouts.
today I got a lot done. I planted a few of those roots that I jerked out of the ground a few days ago. One of them has a two foot shoot attached to it. I left it as is . I staked it up. Hope it will grow.
Annie found a mess of grape vines along the driveway in the brush. I mowed along side of them as best as I could. They do not look like a wild variety. I will make a trellis for them.
I finally got the gas tank on the tiller drained. I left the cap off and letting whatever moisture left inside evaporate. all this heat should help that happen.

I have a cantaloupe that is blooming. Unfortunately all the blossoms appear to be male.
20220624_182011.jpg

Yesterday we did a project that neither of us planned. Annie saw a gooseberry bush in among the small blackberry patch. So she decided she would clear all weeds etc. from around it. I happened by on the lawn mower. so I offered to just mow around it for her. OK, fine. the blackberries in that patch were sparse anyhow. So I decided to mow them all down. long story short.
we located a choke cherry tree, an elderberry bush, a honeysuckle bush a few gooseberries and some assorted flowers. all planted by the birds who sat on the high lines above.. How can I get some birds to swallow some $coins ? lolol

We had a very nice day here yesterday. I hope today is similar.
I cut a few skapes off of the garlic
today I want to get all the rest of them cut off. there are about 100 of them.
they sure do grow fast. last week there were none. now they are a foot long or more.
I fixed the tire on the yard cart.
I squirted Great Stuff into the valve stem of the inner tube. I think I got it filled up. I let it sit over night. today it should be good and set. that tire should never go flat again.
warning. it gets messy. lolol
as the foam expands, it pushes lots of it back out of the valve stem.
I knew that was going to happen, though.

I had a friend who bought a cheap hollow core door to replace the broken door to his kids bedroom. He decided the hollow door let too much sound through, so he decided to fill the door with expanding foam to make it soundproof.
He did the job after supper. The expanding foam burst every seam in that door overnight and he had a complete mess to clean up, lol. Luckily he had removed the door and did the deed in his garage. He was lucky, he could scrape the hardened foam off the concrete floor fairly easily.
The next door he bought was better quality.

I had a friend who bought a cheap hollow core door to replace the broken door to his kids bedroom. He decided the hollow door let too much sound through, so he decided to fill the door with expanding foam to make it soundproof.
He did the job after supper. The expanding foam burst every seam in that door overnight and he had a complete mess to clean up, lol. Luckily he had removed the door and did the deed in his garage. He was lucky, he could scrape the hardened foam off the concrete floor fairly easily.
The next door he bought was better quality.
I was laughing before I got to the punch line. I knew what was coming.
I have seen guys foam around door jambs and window frames, and then not be able to open them.

Back
Top Bottom