Pics
Do you like them, and do the plants do well?
I like the results. The Chinese lights are cheap and easy to break I imagine. At least they seem fragile to me. The white american made set was more expensive but sturdier feeling. I used all three in my grow tent with great success and nothing ever broke. There's a lot to color spectrum and I saw significant growth with the colored lights compared to straight sunlight (or artificial sunlight).

ETA: and LEDs are a LOT cheaper to run.

I like the results. The Chinese lights are cheap and easy to break I imagine. At least they seem fragile to me. The white american made set was more expensive but sturdier feeling. I used all three in my grow tent with great success and nothing ever broke. There's a lot to color spectrum and I saw significant growth with the colored lights compared to straight sunlight (or artificial sunlight).

ETA: and LEDs are a LOT cheaper to run.
Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks for the feedback!
The Chinese lights are like $25 where as american are $125+. They have performed well for me, but if I had known the difference up front, I would have spent the extra money. I'm generally the "if it aint broke, don't fix it" kind of a guy, but I feel like I have to handle these with such kit gloves. It's kind of annoying.

Oh no, how awful that you were disabled like that! Do you have any raised beds you can use? I am working on making more , as well as making the ones i have higher.
What sort of plants do you enjoy growing?

Sadly, I do not. I had two of them, made from old bed frames, but they've long since disintegrated, lol.
I love all kinds of plants, but mostly chose perennials, bulbs and native plants.
Trillium, Jack-in-the-Pulpit, Indian Pipes, Bloodwort, Ferns-Ostrich, Stag Leaf, Japanese Painted, etc., Peonies, Day Lillies, Herbs, Solomon's Seal & Bleeding Hear, too many to list...our property has several natural springs running through it and it is very wet, wooded and dark, so a lot of shade lovers.
My grandfather, who owned a land development company, had access to heavy equipment & built the house I live in, made a gorgeous stone stairway and had lots of large rocks placed around trees he'd planted and other things. I did a lot of...rock decorating, I don't know if there's a specific term for it, lol.
I would also plant a small fruit and vegetable garden.

What do you make your raised beds out of? Wood? Plastic? I saw a fantastic idea about old tables and benches that I'd like to try. I just need to get someone to build them.
I've had 15 major surgeries, 5 of them open back and I really can't do too much.
I also had my own small art glass business and in my spare time would make things like candle path lights and mosaic type sundials and stepping stones to decorate the gardens.

Raised beds made from pallets...I made several and grew strawberries, herbs, peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, blueberries, spinach, kale, sweet potatoes, sunflowers and other flowers on my deck. Planters need to be at least 14 inches deep and I lined with heavy duty landscape fabric. The photos are ideas that I used to create my planters. The last two pictures are my deck planters.

Attachments

• planter long with bench.jpg
    planter long with bench.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 11
  • planter5.jpg
    planter5.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 10
  • pallet-vertical-garden-4.jpg
    pallet-vertical-garden-4.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 10
  • pallet planter.jpeg
    pallet planter.jpeg
    61.2 KB · Views: 10
  • planter terrace.jpg
    planter terrace.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 10
  • planter15.jpg
    planter15.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 10
  • SAM_2598.JPG
    SAM_2598.JPG
    508.5 KB · Views: 12
  • SAM_2605.JPG
    SAM_2605.JPG
    620.1 KB · Views: 10
I use 2x10s or 2x8s to build boxes but i am thinking concrete block would be fast and not too expensive. I need more beds.

Some places sell interlocking blocks, like the raised beds used in the beds used in the peaceful valley videos. No one near me, but I found them interesting.

Raised beds made from pallets...I made several and grew strawberries, herbs, peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, blueberries, spinach, kale, sweet potatoes, sunflowers and other flowers on my deck. Planters need to be at least 14 inches deep and I lined with heavy duty landscape fabric. The photos are ideas that I used to create my planters. The last two pictures are my deck planters.
Very nice

Back
Top Bottom