Well, today was wonderful- really almost like a tonic to my spirit. The temp mostly in the 70's. I edged the curb and the driveway until the weed eater batteries gave out (I have 2). I cleaned off the landscape stone sitting area in the back yard, got rid of leaves, dirt, ants, grass growing in the rows, checked out the weed situation in the gardens- I really need to clean those out, and put ant poison out- lots of ant hills. Tomorrow, I need to spread the Molex and milky spore granules- am expecting rain later in the week. I sat for a while in my adirondack chair and watched the chickens milling about in the chicken yard while the dogs rolled around in the grass. Actually lost track of time there, but sure enjoyed it. I love the days that are not too hot, not too cold. I need to get the fire pit geared up next week.

good Monday morning.
I hope your team won, Mine did.
we are going to tear down the bucket farm.
cutting all the zip ties, removing the stakes, cutting the tomato vines and stacking the buckets out of the way for snow plowing.
I took the tractor and touched up the parking area again.
the next project is to clean the garage so I can get the tractor in out of the snow.
there are a few things that can be tossed.
it never ends.
........jiminwisc.......

I never know what is going on around here.
Today we did not tear down the tomato farm.
Annie announced that we are going to clean the garage. right after lunch we went out and worked about 4 hours. Dan was with us . the three of us sorted and cleaned and arranged . filled half a dumpster with stuff. Got everything into buckets and onto shelves. swept the whole floor. at the end of the day, I backed old Ollie into his garage.
Maybe tomorrow we will do the tomatoes.
My covid test came back NEG. I am all set for my hip on Thursday.
....jiminwisc.....

Yep, driving a tractor is a skill.
Out in Wyoming, one day I took the tractor over to the friends place to help them dig out from a snowstorm. Since I was a girl, the neighbor stood outside to "guide" me. There was a delicate area that had a snow pile and he kept waving me off, said he could get it with a shovel. I went ahead and cleared it for him. He came up to me later and told me that I have a better "feel" for the tractor than my husband. I turned to him in shock and said "Please, don't tell DH, it will hurt his feelings. And, then he won't let me use the tractor anymore."

jvls1942
I know you are recovering from your procedure. :hugs Looking for your quick return here.:highfive:

I cut some of these logs into 4 inch thick slices, put some tree branch legs on them, and varnished to protect from the elements. They will be outdoor plant stands for my container grown flowers, on the patio. So far I made 2, but I have plenty of logs available to make more if needed.
IMG_20200915_165034965.jpg
IMG_20200923_182131618.jpg
IMG_20200923_182149104.jpg

I think the varnish will keep the bark from falling away from the wood. (at least a little longer):idunno

Back
Top Bottom