jvls1942

Free Ranging
Oct 16, 2008
wausau,wisconsin
going to be cold tonight, again. it did not freeze last night. hope it doesn't freeze tonight either.
today we are married 57 years. to celebrate, we gave each other a kiss and a high five.
I dropped off the spring tooth and mounted the back blade onto Ollie. I made about five passes over the driveway. It looks real nice, if I have to say so myself..
......jiminwisc......

jvls1942

Free Ranging
Oct 16, 2008
wausau,wisconsin
I hate surprises.. Last night it was even colder than the two nights before. It was supposed to warm up.. 30F.. I did not go out and check any plants yet. I imagine the tomatoes are frozen.
Oh well, we had a good run while it lasted.
.......jiminwisc........

oldhen2345

Songster
Jun 22, 2015
East Texas
Well, today was wonderful- really almost like a tonic to my spirit. The temp mostly in the 70's. I edged the curb and the driveway until the weed eater batteries gave out (I have 2). I cleaned off the landscape stone sitting area in the back yard, got rid of leaves, dirt, ants, grass growing in the rows, checked out the weed situation in the gardens- I really need to clean those out, and put ant poison out- lots of ant hills. Tomorrow, I need to spread the Molex and milky spore granules- am expecting rain later in the week. I sat for a while in my adirondack chair and watched the chickens milling about in the chicken yard while the dogs rolled around in the grass. Actually lost track of time there, but sure enjoyed it. I love the days that are not too hot, not too cold. I need to get the fire pit geared up next week.

jvls1942

Free Ranging
Oct 16, 2008
wausau,wisconsin
good Monday morning.
I hope your team won, Mine did.
we are going to tear down the bucket farm.
cutting all the zip ties, removing the stakes, cutting the tomato vines and stacking the buckets out of the way for snow plowing.
I took the tractor and touched up the parking area again.
the next project is to clean the garage so I can get the tractor in out of the snow.
there are a few things that can be tossed.
it never ends.
........jiminwisc.......

Top Bottom