Our meal from the deli was OK. not spectacular, but OK.
I had to add butter, brown sugar and black pepper to the sweet potatoes. I did not care much for the cranberry/orange relish. the green bean casserole needed salt. (minor problem, I know) the dressing was what you would expect from a deli. Not near as good as what I make from scratch..
DD gave us a 14# turkey. I think I will make it for Christmas. Maybe by then we will have more of a crowd than just the four of us.. If not, we will be eating left overs for a month .
.......jiminwisc.......

well, today was butchering day for two young roosters and two old hens. let's just say ,
three out of four isn't bad.
Nephew tried for over an hour to shoot the white rooster with the pellet gun. Never got close enough.. finally at the end the rooster went and hid.. One of these days it will make a mistake ...........and then..
.......jiminwisc......

the turkey is all used up. Annie opened up a can of chicken soup and added all the turkey, cut up into bite sized pieces. It was a tasty , meaty soup for sure..
I have a hatchet that was my Dad's. He had it before I was born. So I knew it was over 78 years old. after some research I narrowed it down .It is a Keen Kutter hatchet with nail puller. It was made in 1900. it is 120 years old.. according to the net, it is worth $125.oo. I'm not selling..
........jiminwisc.......

lately I cannot get my computer to send pictures.. I might have to try a card reader or something.. the pictures are in my phone, though..

there is a good picture of it on ebay .
listed under hatchet with nail puller.
the brand is a Keen Kutter circa 1900..
that's the best I can do for now.
......jiminwisc.......

20201123_102629.jpg

Nephew tried for over an hour to shoot the white rooster with the pellet gun. Never got close enough.. finally at the end the rooster went and hid
I suspect the broomstick method would be a lot faster and cleaner.

I'm not selling..
I wouldn't either!! And it looks to be in excellent condition, not something found in the dirt long forgotten.

Back
Top Bottom