good morning,
I hope today goes better than yesterday did.
My nephew didn't show up to help me plant the trees. No phone call,, nothing.
Ok, fine, then like the little red hen, I'll do it myself..
and true to form, Jung Seeds shorted me one cherry tree. I need it for cross pollination.
then I ran out of gas digging the holes deeper. Found out that my hips are not quite up to snuff on the walk back to the house.
My plum tree is in full bloom. very pretty.
It looks like all of the rhubarb came up. and the garlic is ten inches tall. I am happy about that..
I had thought of getting a few hens. but then I hear from friends about bad egg hatches, and weasels and such, I think I don't need the aggravation ..
I have 8 tomato plants ordered. and 30 strawberries..
......jiminwisc......

this tube is just 3 years old,. I had a tire , tube and rim done on the other side last year. believe me, I know how much it costs.
These tires are not tubeless because they have weight solution in them, to have that solution against bare metal would eat it up .
It is bad enough if it leaks around the valve stem.
I don't know how the guy is going to pump the solution out of the tube.
I will keep the old tube. maybe I can put a valve stem on it and use the tube for swimming ?
today I picked up ten assorted tomato plants and sixteen strawberry plants.
all aue gratis from DD.. the tomato plants are all very small. the strawberries are very robust. a couple have blossoms.
I need the tractor to haul up some dirt to fill containers for all of them.
I didn't realize how much I depended on the tractor.
Youngest DD took us out for lunch for Mother's day this afternoon. It sure is nice to be all vaccinatted up..
..........jiminwisc.....

waiting for the tire fixit guy to show up. He said "first thing in the morning". It is 11AM .
He must be a late sleeper.
I got all ten of the tomatoes into one gallon pots. I left them outside over night
they all look just fine today.
this morning I cut all the side branches off of the bare (no) root cherry tree. I put ten cuttings into water and five into dirt. I hope some of them root.
I will take the bare root and cut the trunk back and stick the root into a bucker of dirt. Maybe some roots will form ..
I think I will see if the rototiller will start.
I haven't tried it yet this spring.
....jiminwisc......

4" - 12 oz. I got 4 different sandwiches from it, One slice on a buffalo burger, one slice on a bologna sandwich and two BLTs.
Northern_exposure_tomato_X5165326_05-16-2021-001.jpg

Now that's a tomato !
We went to an Amish green house and bought 2 grape tomatoes, 2 beef steaks and 2 brandy wine. they were out of Romas.
I already have all these kinds in the tiny version that my daughter gave to me.
The lady at the green house said that my tiny plants would probably produce OK.
But I am not so certain about that. Well, if they do, we can always use more tomatoes, eh?
The tire fixit guy came today. Said that the tubes, tires and rims for old tractors are getting hard to find because the places that sell that stuff are going out of business.
Anyhow, a new tube and labor came to
$295.05 .. The valve stem just corroded off.
.....jiminwisc......

Back
Top Bottom