Gardening Question?????

GYPSUM/AGRICULTURAL LIME!!!! I took 2 semesters of "Soil Science" in college (in Ca.), and that's what helps to turn clay into soil, with the addition of plenty of organic matter. Unfortunately, it can take years of doing what you're doing (with the addition of ag. lime). It has to do with breaking apart the cations (+) in the clay and getting them to bind with other atoms (nitrogen, sulfur, phosphorous, etc). It CAN be done, and is all the time by farmers, but it just takes a long time!

can't go wrong with raised beds and they look awsome as well. total control over soil conditions and creeping weeds not to mention irrigation. i recomend soaker hoses.

DSC01730.jpg

Raised beds, intensive plantings, and compost every shard of poo that comes from the place. The pics I sent of my garden is thin sand over adobe brick style clay. You need alot of organic matter, so put your little poo machines to work. Hmm if you can send me a sketch and I help you sort it out on the plantings, least I can do for all the quail help.

40x100 (guessing) basically. 3 horizontal rows of corn (well when facing to the north) then from left to right in vertical rows...... 1st row on left is green beans, cucumber and zuchini, 2nd and 3rd rows are potato's, 4th row is hot peppers, sweat peas, broccali and celary, 5th & 6th rows are more peppers and 4 diff types of tomato plants..... I know I have lots more in there but to give ya an idea anyhoo
smile.png

Thought the garden was much smaller, but apparently the kids tell me that they measured it much larger than I thought it was.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom