Gardens, anyone? What are you growing this year?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Beekissed, May 15, 2008.

1. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

What are you all growing this year? Trying any new methods, plants, etc. ? Excited about the season? I am!!!!

I even put my poor chickens in a run while the plants are growing and will let them out when the plants are big enough to survive the damage! Love my garden AND my chickens, but hated confining them to a run, even though it is fairly large at approx. 65 ft. x 10 ft. Just kind of sad to watch them walk the fence, looking for a way out!
    [​IMG]

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
  3. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

I did and I hope they start a link like the one here where you can check your posts without having to subscribe to the topic. I like getting an easy access to questions I have asked. You think they will have that soon? Maybe they have it and I'm just not seeing it? [​IMG]

4. hazelton farms

hazelton farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    LOTS of broccoli, tons of snow peas, cukes, cabbage, variety leaf lettuce, peppers, sweet corn, tomatoes, pumpkins (later) and potatoes.

Stacy

5. cantley2003

cantley2003 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2008
    Sanford, fl
    We have corn, okra, cucumbers, tomatoes, potatos and watermalon, we had peas but they all died out of nowhere. My husband is wanting to double the size of the garden in the fall. Happy growing everyone!

6. chcknrs

chcknrs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Kelso, WA
    Lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, onions, herbs, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, beans, squash, watermelon, canteloupe, corn, sunflower seeds, wheat, milo, millet, marigold, sweet peas. I know I am forgetting something but, well, lots of goodies!

7. My Little Sister's Farm

My Little Sister's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2008
    Forest Grove, Oregon
    Lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, onions, herbs, peas, beans, squash, watermelon, corn, sunflowers, raspberries, currents, carrots, pumpkins. We also have 3 cherry trees and will have 3 apple trees planted this year. We will be making preserves this year with himi blackberries too.

8. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    We have cabbage, onions, potatoes, zucchini, green beans & strawberries.

And cantley2003::::I have tried for 2 years to get my hubby to make our big garden bigger but I can't get him to budge, he says we won't take care of it like it should be. [​IMG]

9. airmom1c05

airmom1c05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    Raymond, Mississippi
    Irish potatoes, snap beans, tomatoes, purple hull peas, and enough squash to feed a third world country! LOL! We need to replant watermelons as we had a late cold snap that killed them.

10. ChickenToes

ChickenToes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    NE Wisconsin
    Carrots, onions, tomatoes, bell peppers, corn, fingerling potatoes, and broccoli. I wanted to plant garlic, then discovered you have to plant it in the fall. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by