Gasping Tom Turkey

All domestic turkeys are the breed Turkey. Yours looks to be the variety Bronze with something else mixed in. I can't tell from that picture whether it is a heritage Bronze or a Bronze Breasted Bronze. A full front photo would be needed to be able to tell.
Is this ok ?
Also he is doing a bit better his balance is still a bit off though is this also from the heat?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    519.3 KB · Views: 6
Is this ok ?
Also he is doing a bit better his balance is still a bit off though is this also from the heat?
He does look better. Looks to me like a cross between a broad breasted and a heritage.

Heat exhaustion in turkeys isn't much different than it is in people. Dizziness is just one of the many symptoms.

Make sure in the future that he has places he can go to cool off. Mine will go in the shade even in sub zero temps in the winter on really sunny days.

He does look better. Looks to me like a cross between a broad breasted and a heritage.

Heat exhaustion in turkeys isn't much different than it is in people. Dizziness is just one of the many symptoms.

Make sure in the future that he has places he can go to cool off. Mine will go in the shade even in sub zero temps in the winter on really sunny days.
Ok, I’ll keep an eye on them but thank you so much for the suggestions I’ll keep those in mind moving forwards

Back
Top Bottom