Geese and chicken eggs in the bator! Any tips?

awesome! I candled mine again (I am on day 14) and I have 5/9 developing still growing.

I have read that goose eggs take 28-30 days. From every one I have bought seb. goose eggs from they told me 28 days they hatched out. Mine also so good luck!

Congrats Miss Prissy. You should have lots of fuzzy goose butts running around!

Well. Today would be day... 10. And so far I have 6 goose eggs and 6 chick eggs in the bator. I'm pretty darn positive the goose eggs arent fertile...
sad.png
because It's day 10... and I see absoloutly nothing in the eggs. But on the otherhand all 6 of my chicken eggs are fertile and you can see the babies in them... the embryoes are very active and bouncing around. Also, I have 17 eggs in my other bator, they're all chicken eggs. And they're on day 3. I candled 2 or 3 with curiosity and am positive I saw air sacs. I'll candle them this weekend for sure.
I have 25 chicks getting shipped out from ideal on the 26th.
Also my east indie just started laying... so I plan on hatching out some east indies X Snowy Call ducks.

For the automatic incubator, am I supposed to unplug it on a certain day?

Dont be to upset, I have noticed with most of my larger water fowl that the first 5 to 10 eggs are usually not fertile. It just seems to be the usual. Good luck with future eggs. Jenn

Back
Top Bottom