Geese are so Opinonated

Miss Lydia

~Gift of God ~ Eternal Life ~John 3:16-17
Premium Feather Member
14 Years
Oct 3, 2009
Mountains of Western N.C.
My 2 geese have something to say about everything that goes on around here, bringing out feed gets them talking, drakes trying to mate a duck really gets them going, and they have to really stress their opinion on that one, lol if I come out to check on them and everyone else they are right there telling what they think about everything thats been going on. When I go out in the evening to clean and get everyone into their bedrooms, they have to be the last ones to go in and as they are going into their own bedroom they are giving me their opinion about that too, Are all geese this way? Also if one gets in the face of 1 of the ducks and is telling them off then they will get together after and brag to each other about it. Boy they have an opinion about everything.
roll.png

My geese also talk constantly. The fun part has been trying to identify all the "tones". Interestingly they are much more opinionated about how my husband does the chores than me or my daughter. Marina will stand next to him when he is filling the buckets and criticize his technique and inspect each bucket after it's filled. When he tried to give them their peas last night, Greta grumbled and refused to go into her house, she actually turned her back on him and walked away. Very snubbish.

So far, we understand the friendly greeting, the angry greeting, the angry squwak, the something is scary call, the '**** ducks' call, the something is interesting croon, the excited it's time for peas chatter, and the I am lonely come pay attention to me chatter.

Yes geese are very opinionated...I guess that's why I like them so much.
Some of my girls are such busy bodies.
They crack me up and keep a smile on my face with their antics.
I have a pet hen turkey that rivals my geese for nosiness. Love my girls!
love.gif

Could the goose possibly be an American Goose since it also has the blue eyes like an Embden and a Sebastopol? They are both large geese but the goose has probably had a hard life.

Back
Top Bottom