Geese Breed Focus - Embden

1204120-8e559cb3b765a93a894ab83e0c82d32c.jpg

This is the second day i had him, he is looking back at me. I will breed this pair 2 times, and keep a couple of choice goslings from each set to hand raise, as pets and to let free range in the yard. I will eventually pick a male gosling to raise for christmas dinner, though that was not originally planned. He is just a big boy lol, even bigger now than in the picture, i will try to post a better one soon...

I put layer feed in their feeder, should i still offer some? they are really picky about what they eat, they refuse scraps, and want only grass and feed... lol That is awesome to hear, and thank you!

I loooooved my Embden. He could be nasty but you just have to ignore that! ;) I bought him from a poultry farm because he was the biggest and most beautiful goose they had, and it was worth it!

I love this breed they are just so beautiful and graceful. I raise them just for the sheer pleasure that I get from them I had no choice to get this breed bc this is the breed that my grandfather had brought over from Germany when he came to louisiana in the late 1800's and the geese have been passed down through generation and now there are only 6 geese left from this bloodstock.

Back
Top Bottom