Geese Breed Focus - Embden

Pics
I know those blue eyes are so beautiful.

Do you plan to eat them? I know some raise them for meat and being your gander is so heavy didn't know if that was your purpose. My geese are my pets although during breeding season the thought of roasted goose does flow thru my head at times lol

Can't get game bird feed here I feed NON GMO Broiler and Layer mixed 50/50 this is closest I can get to an all flock. Not a lot of choices where I live. Which is a bummer. My gander is almost 11 yrs old [April 27] so I guess I am doing something right with his feed.

Have we seen pics of yours?

Here's My goof ball Samson and his mate Missy
IMG_0293.JPG

I got my first egg from Babe yesterday!!!!:woot:wee

There is one thing that worries me though, and it happened this morning. As i was standing next to their pen i saw her pass an undeveloped(?) egg, she passed the white, the yolk and finally an incredibly soft shell, all within a couple of seconds. Is this something i should be concerned about??

Congrats!!
and it happens sometimes when they first begin laying hopefully the kinks will get worked out quick.

Make sure she has Oyster shell along with her feed. not in it but close by.

I still use Oyster shell only because laying takes a lot of calcium and it comes from their bones. She'll only use it as needed and it's inexpensive.

That is okay but hard to tell how much she maybe getting that way, I'd just put a bowl out close by feed where it can't get wet and let her get it as needed.

Back
Top Bottom