Songster
6 Years
Oct 12, 2013
north Jersey
My7 week old black EE roo over RIR hen. Not sure of gender

And the orange one in this picture came from the same parents and is a pullet

Last edited:
Comb:
At 7 weeks old, with an RIR parent, I guess female. Even with a pea comb, it is pale for a 7 week old male.

Legs:
I can't see so well, they seem to be neither particularly thick (rooster) nor obviously slender (hen). But they seem more female-like than male-like.

Stance:
Definitely female stance, it could get more upright later, indicating rooster. But in both photos its stance is very female.

There are other factors, such as color, but I am uncomfortable advising based on those due to inexperience. My reaction is female, but hopefully others will respond as well. It can be hard to tell with crosses sometimes.

Comb:
At 7 weeks old, with an RIR parent, I guess female.  Even with a pea comb, it is pale for a 7 week old male.

Legs:
I can't see so well, they seem to be neither particularly thick (rooster) nor obviously slender (hen).  But they seem more female-like than male-like.

Stance:
Definitely female stance, it could get more upright later, indicating rooster.  But in both photos its stance is very female.

There are other factors, such as color, but I am uncomfortable advising based on those due to inexperience.  My reaction is female, but hopefully others will respond as well.  It can be hard to tell with crosses sometimes.

Thank you! That's what im thinking too because it looks exactly like the other ppullet did at 7 weeks. And now that pullet is a solid orange

Back
Top Bottom