Gender and Breed?? updated pics 4/26 pg 3 chicks about 6 weeks old

AN

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 22, 2009
Texas-South of DFW area
Please help me i am a new chick mommy....please tell me at least one of theese chicks is a pullet. I have had them a week today. So i am guessing they are about 2 weeks old
One of the sisters (maybe brothers)
DSC01812.jpg

ivory
DSC01813.jpg

eboney
DSC01830.jpg

flashdance
DSC01823.jpg

nuggett
DSC01816.jpg

an overall of all except for flashdance, and the other sister (the two reddish chicks are the sisters)
DSC01824.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:
try puting them on the palm of your hand belly up. hold them there til they stop squirming. open your palm it the chick lays there or has a hard time turning itself upright it is a hen.

hope that helps ( they all look like hens to me)

Quote:
does that really work??

I might have to try that with our new home-growed peep.

I have no idea, buttt I wanted to say that white one is absolutely gorgious, i wanna steal it

I also was told to do this to sex chickens, it seems to work.
old.gif

Gently put their head between your pointer and middle finger, and close the tips of your fingers the flip your hand over palm up (puts the chick on its back) if in 5 seconds the chick quits squirming and relaxes it 's legs straight out, it's a hen. If the legs stay pulled up to the body, it's a roo.

My friend used this technique at TSC and amazed them all.
wink.png

I love the toys, gonna try it!
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I tried that wiht RIR chicks that I had vent sexed and didnt find it to be any more accurate than anything else the hens scratched me trying to get away as much as the cockerels did. It's all old time hopla if you ask me. Vent sexing or waiting until they're starting to show their sex in their combs and what not is more positive than that.

#1 RiR
#2 could be a white rock
#3 barred rock
#4 is a polish or sultan but i guess polish you see how it looks like he is wearing a hat? and im not sure about flash dance i dont think i have seen one like him before.

Thanks for eveyones help.......how long before i will be able to tell what their gender is????
BTW, my hubby picked flashdance because he was differant, with his little headband.

1 speckeled sussex?
2 cornish cross pullet
3 barred rock pullet
4 buff laced polish
5 is simply awesome

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom