KesslerFlock14

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 19, 2014
HI!
So, about a week ago I posted:
Please Help Identify My New Chicks, 6 different types, 9 total
I know that I have:
1 Buff Orpington Pullet and 4 Barred Plymouth Rock Pullets.
However, the OEGB pullet (determined from last post) is turning out not to be so Bantam-ish and showing signs of cockerel-ness (really likes to circle and peck at Vix).
The Production Red Pullet has also been classified as an unknown breed cockerel.
My sweet little pan fry #1 hasn't been sexed or a breed determined.
I still have no clue what my feather footed Bantam is, breed or gender wise.

Still don't know know what breed this little "pan fry" is, or the gender.
This sweet little thing is so docile!

This little bugger is my Buff Orpington Pullet :D

Bantam #1
This is one of my Assorted Bantam Strait Runs. I don't know what breed or gender this fellow is.
Barred Plymouth Rock Pullet #1
Barred Plymouth Rock Pullet #2 (Thinking about naming her "The Joker" or Smiley
big_smile.png
, I really hope those markings stay
tongue.png
)
Barred Plymouth Rock Pullet #3
Barred Plymouth Rock Pullet #4, Duchess

This extremely flighty chick is supposed to be a Bantam. However, I'm not so certain with the size. I thought that the chick was supposed to be a "she" but that comb is looking pretty big.
Older pictures:
She/He has very distinct white markings on either side, if that helps.

Pan Fry #2!
This is Vix. Still not sure on the gender. Flipping between possible cockerel (fingers crossed), but could be a potential pullet, I'm uncertain. Also, I don't know what breed he/she is..... Also, Vix is a serial cuddler :D

These are all (except the noted picture) updated pictures of my chicks, any thoughts are welcome! Thank you in advance!

Your Rock babies all look like pullet to me. Boys have more white barring whereas girls are more black. I have 3 and they are my sweethearts, first to come to me and jump in my lap.

My baby girls are pretty sweet. They don't try to run away from me (Bantam #2) or scream at me (Bantam #1). Duchess, my largest Barred Rock, likes to perch on my arms..... I have several really deep scratches running up and down my arms :p But that's just fine, I only wear long sleeved shirts when handling the chicks now. Duchess and either BR #1 or #3 had really pasty bottoms when I first got them.... #1 or #3 hasn't really forgiven me for washing her bottom..... :/

Back
Top Bottom