1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

gender& breed thoughts on these 2 chicks

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jaye gray, Feb 28, 2016.

1. jaye gray

jaye gray Out Of The Brooder

[​IMG]

2. jaye gray

[​IMG]

3. Rhodebar Lover

Rhodebar Lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2015
    Up North
    The first looks like a Brown Leghorn pullet or possibly a Welsummer with poor body type. The second is a Black Sex Link pullet. :)

4. jaye gray

Thank you , the 1st is suppose to be just that but the 2nd was supose to be BR..... definitely not that. The 2nd has Itty bitty waddle starting already.

5. jaye gray

Here is a better pic of the 2nd[​IMG]

6. Rhodebar Lover

Apr 5, 2015
    Up North
    Since it appears to be a Black Sex Link, there is no need to worry about gender. They are sexable at hatch and the males of the cross look very different. They a are barred with colored leakage instead of black with red or orange on their chest. :)

7. jaye gray

Thankyou, I'm not as lost as Las year ,which was my first, but the barred rock imposter through me. I thought it looked like my BSL but I don't remember her cone being that prominent at 6 weeks or the waddle so soon. She has much more orange on her chest also. Feel much better w you confirmation. Thanks again for your prompt input.

8. Rhodebar Lover

Apr 5, 2015
    Up North
    You're welcome and good luck with them! :)

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Black sex link

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by