Gender on Naked Neck Cross?

HeatherKellyB

✝️ Perfectly Imperfect ✝️
May 31, 2019
Moore County, NC
I purchased this bird when it was one week old and was told by the seller (local small farm) that it was a "showgirl" through our virtual messages. We had a lone silkie that hatched and I was trying to find some flockmates. Once I picked them up, I realized that it's a Naked Neck crossed with a Bantam Cochin (definitely NOT a showgirl). My daughter LOVES any naked neck, so we left with our purchase. This bird will be 11 weeks old tomorrow. I just weighed it and it's 2lbs 4ozs. How big will this cross be? It's very attached to my silkie chick and the silkie is 13ozs. The silkie is able to get out of the way if necessary and they seem to work well together. I do worry about the silkie getting injured though. I was expecting a bantam size bird. Either way, what gender is the bird? It's really sweet but absolutely terrified of EVERYTHING.
20200907_210339.jpg

What are you're thoughts on size? I'm willing to bet that you're correct on the LF Cochin. There is not anything remotely close to bantam size on this bird.
A full grown Bantam Cochin shouldn't weigh what she weighs now when they're full grown.

I hate to say it, but I think she's going to be a honker.

She has one of those thin line beards I can't stand on humans. 😂😂
Oh my gosh! Yes she does and now I can't stop laughing!!! Thank you for that. This birds just cracks me up, everything about her. My daughter (9 years old) gets so mad whenever I say, "she's just so ugly that she's cute!". Can't help it! You've just given me even more reason to smile (laugh at this crazy silly bird)

Back
Top Bottom