Gender opinions?!

I agree with donrae. One cockerel jumps out to me, and one definitely looks like a pullet. However, I'm not sure about the other two.

Donrae & bantamlover21, I so hope you are right!!! Those are the exact same conflicting opinions I get from local farmers around here. The red comb got so bright so fast, almost overnight, so everyone thinks male on him. The other two that have a yellow comb they say could go either way bc the combs don't show much red at all in comparison. Fingers crossed!
1f64f.png
1f609.png
Think female thoughts!
1f602.png

Donrae & bantamlover21, I so hope you are right!!! Those are the exact same conflicting opinions I get from local farmers around here. The red comb got so bright so fast, almost overnight, so everyone thinks male on him. The other two that have a yellow comb they say could go either way bc the combs don't show much red at all in comparison. Fingers crossed!
1f64f.png
1f609.png
Think female thoughts!
1f602.png
Time to start taking bets!!!
1f923.png
1f602.png
1f4b5.png
1f4b0.png
1f414.png
1f413.png
(jk) I've been around raising poultry since 94, and luckily I'm almost never wrong on my guessing game.
1f423.png

1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
TalkBahk, You're definitely in the majority! 3 & 1 wouldn't surprise me at all, I'm just hoping for the opposite. Lol!
Donrae, I'll try to take some better photos in the daylight tomorrow.
1f60a.png
1f44d.png

Yep, I think that's the one.

It does look to have a bit darker shading on the wings, but I'm getting a pullet vibe from it. Slender legs, not much comb, etc.

That would be so wonderful if it was!!! The definite female used to be the bossy one when they were all younger bc she grew so much faster than all the others. But now that they've grown up a bit, the one with the red comb is the only one that really chases the others around and puffs up his neck feathers. All for show so far. :) I'll keep you posted as they develop. It's so much fun to watch!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom