Gender opinions?!

GumBranchChick

Songster
Nov 29, 2016
Elberta, AL
Hello again! I have four mixed breed chicks that are about 9 weeks old. I keep getting mixed opinions on what sex they are. Would love to have the forum weigh in now that I have better photos! :)

Love these guessing games, first I couldn't decide between 2 or 3 Roos. The "red" one had me double guessing but the 5th pic made me agree with oldhenlikesdogs....3 Roo & 1 Pullet (last picture, bird in front).

Love these guessing games, first I couldn't decide between 2 or 3 Roos.  The "red" one had me double guessing but the 5th pic made me agree with oldhenlikesdogs....3 Roo & 1 Pullet (last picture, bird in front).

Yes, that last one is the only one I've been for sure is a pullet. :) I love them all, but the black & white one is special to me bc I rescued him at a week old being severely picked on. So I don't know what I'm going to do about balancing my flock out. Getting some more females, obviously. ;)

I'm gonna go against the flow
lol.png
. Story of my life, right?

Anyway, in the first pic, the only cockerel that jumps out at me is the second from the left, with the more definite barring and vivid colors. That's a boy.

The others...I'm not so sure. The black barred bird really doesn't have much comb for a 9 week cockerel.

The non-barred bird, everyone agrees is a pullet.

The "softer" barred bird, I'd need a better pic of it, profile shot of the entire bird. But it's not pinging my roo-dar from what I can see.

Back
Top Bottom