Gender please.....

Ccdance75

Songster
6 Years
Jul 24, 2015
and breed if you can. We are totally new to this and my sons class hatched them four months ago. we have one that is CLEARLY a rooster, very red comb and waddle but these are the same age and not as clear to me.....
Thanks

I could try. they are very active though and don't really love to pose for pics so I had my son hold them. I'm really mostly concerned with gender at this point.

I could try. they are very active though and don't really love to pose for pics so I had my son hold them. I'm really mostly concerned with gender at this point.
Oh, okay, I understand. The Legbar looks like a pullet in the face, but it could be a cockerel depending on the age. When I look up "Barred Legbar" on google images, only cockerels come up, so that could mean you have a cockerel.
idunno.gif

Thanks! Anyone else want to weigh in. At what age can you tell for sure? I have another cockrel that is VERY CLEAR and he's the same age as these.

The first chicken might be a Legbar cross, that barring is pretty dark to be a purebred. But, without a full body picture it is hard to tell l the gender.

Can you take a picture of them walking around in good sunlight?

Last edited:
Thanks! Anyone else want to weigh in. At what age can you tell for sure? I have another cockrel that is VERY CLEAR and he's the same age as these.
It depends on the breed. I've been able to sex some of my single-combed bantams at a couple weeks. But, Silkies are most accurately sexed at multiple months. MichaelOShay I'm sure will know what breed & gender you have.

Last edited:
All pullets... the first is a Cream Legbar cross, betting the dad was the Legbar... but that comb says pullet, the cockerels have much larger combs...

Diva, the "bar" in Legbar is for barring, lol... :D

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom