Gender Questions: Easter Egger

h0m3gr0wn

In the Brooder
7 Years
Nov 12, 2012
Hi Guys, two weeks ago we identified two of my five birds as roosters. Now I am not so sure about my other Easter Egger...mostly because someone said pointed neck feathers, and I'd say he/she has that. Here are a few pics, hope you can help. I think this bird is 17 weeks old.

Oh my gosh, thank goodness. I think everyone thought so when I posted here a few weeks ago, I am just seeing rooster signs everywhere now that 2 out of 5 have been roosters. Now I just get to wait for eggs! Yes!

That color is a common fake out with hens. The feathers really aren't pointy like a rooster's, but the coloring makes them look that way. That color is always a female.
From the look of her comb, she's not quite ready to lay yet, it'll stil be a while. But the pea comb says she should lay green eggs!

Looks just like my hen EEs!!
woot.gif

Thank you for the knowledge! I am most excited to see her eggs =D I think one of my Australorps is a week or two older than she is. Hoping she starts laying soon. I still check the laying boxes everyday just in case ;) I am like a child at Christmas waiting for these girls to give me some eggs.

Back
Top Bottom