Gender Two barred rock chicks???

majorpuppy

In the Brooder
Apr 19, 2015
Well I posted on the sight sexing barred rock chicks but it seems as thought that thread is not very active anymore.. so i thought maybe I would post on here:
Okay, So I need to get some better pictures. I am pretty certain one is a little pullet due to her legs being very dark. I am uncertain on the other smaller one. If someone could give me some opinions or possibly tell me if I need to post some better pictures. I am hoping they are both little pullets but the smaller chick does not have as dark of legs so I am suspicious it may be a male!
I was told they were both females.

Also they are not eating their chick starter like I have seen others. Any suggestions? When I bought them they were eating chick starter

Too early to tell, around three weeks old the cockerels will have pink comb and small wattles, their wing feathers will be stripped black and white. Legs don't mean much my cockerels had black legs. Spot on head helps, small to no spot usually pullet. At three weeks pullets will me mostly black with some white and have small yellow combs.

Back
Top Bottom