Gender?

saenth

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 15, 2013
NE Kansas
Hello, this little one is about 4 weeks and I am really starting to question her gender. Do I have a Miss Tiny or a Mister Tiny? Any ideas?

Kinda looks like a He. Typically, prue barred breeds, the male has 2 copies of the barring gene, causing him to be lighter. . .. Without comparing it to another chick, it looks like a him. .

Roos and Hens for this species have a color difference. Hens tend to be darker than Roos, when I compared your picture with other pictures (using google) this chick appears to be a roo
big_smile.png
. I also found a picture from an older post.

Post URL: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/631617/2-5-week-old-rir-and-barred-rocks

(Picture can be found at the URL above, compliments of moderator Fred's Hens)

I hope this helps you out
big_smile.png

Thanks, I have been googling like crazy but my husband was starting to think I'm just crazy so I figured I would ask. We got Tiny in a rainbow layer group and don't have any others who look the same.

I believe it is a roo basing this on his color. The roos in this breed as mentioned before are lighter than the females..

Thanks again. The color wasn't the only thing that was making me question the gender. Tiny has a huge personality which is like the two roos we raised last year. We can't have roosters so in a month or two we will need to find him a new home.

Back
Top Bottom