Genesis 1588 egg turner question

Faverolle

Songster
10 Years
Feb 12, 2009
Massachusetts
Does the egg turner make any noise when it is working properly? I just hooked up a new 1588 today and about 8 hours later the egg tray does not looked like it moved. I shut the power off of the incubator for a few seconds and from what I could tell there was no noise coming from the turner.

Mine didn't work out of the box and Cutler sent a new one. The motor should vibrate a little in your hand if it's working.
wink.png

Quote:
It does not seem to make any noise or vibrate at all. Did you have to send your old one back first before they sent another or just pay for a second and get credited when they received the defective one? I can't get the humidity level to stay high enough either now. Most of the tray is filled and only at 32-34%

I called the next day and they shipped me a new one, no questions asked. Took the old one off the turner and put new one in and it's fine. I got it in 2 days!
big_smile.png

It makes no noise but does get warm even if it's not in the 'bator.

Did you make sure that the little arm on the motor is inserted into the slot where it should go?

I made this mistake when I first got mine and thank heavens my DH was brilliant enough to figure that one out! It had me all in a panic!
lol.png

Quote:
The arm is inserted all the way. Does it go in all the way? I'm not getting any vibration or sound from the motor when its plugged in.

Last edited:
Quote:
The arm is inserted all the way. Does it go in all the way? I'm not getting any vibration or sound from the motor when its plugged in.

Then you might need to go ahead and call the place you bought it from. It should be working.

You've probably already done this, but on your humidity, you can't always trust your hygrometer. I had that happen to me last year. You'll want to calibrate it, or check it against a second one.....good luck!

Back
Top Bottom