genesis 1588 fired up and ready to go and im scared!!

fowlmamma

Songster
10 Years
Jan 4, 2010
northeastern pa
I Just Got My Eggs In The Mail (thanks Tonya) New Genesis 1588 With Turner Plugged In . Im Going To Wait Till Morning To Put In But Im Nervous About The Humidity Levels I Just Dont Want To Screw This Up. Any Tips Much Appreciated Thanks

I totally understand! I'm on day 13 of my first batch of eggs...temps and humidity have been fluctuating the whole time. I candled my eggs last night and things look good, so my advice to you is just do your best and don't sweat it. You are going to have some concerns, but if the eggs are good (fertilized), then everything should go well for you. Good luck and have fun!

I got mine last week!!!!!!!! I got a hygrometer (sp?) and have it at 60 deg for humidty until it gets close to hatching, at which time I will add some wet sponges from what I've read on here. Til then, I check it every day and add water as needed.
Hope that helps, and have fun!!!

I have my first hatch in a genesis right now. It's day 10 and everything seems to be going along swimmingly. I tried to candle but other than my EE eggs, the eggs are too dark. But I saw veining in one and a little bouncing embryo in the other. Good Luck. Don't worry. My temp has been steady (between 99.3-100.3) I've been trying to keep the humidity between 40 - 50% (averaging 46%)

Good luck! My new Genesis ships next week and I'm dying to fire it up.
fl.gif
fl.gif
I don't have any tips. Just sending good vibes!

I just got my Genesis and its been up and running for over a week.

If you only fill the middle trough with water (take the red plug out of the top) it keeps humidity at just around 35% which is perfect! I love not having to worry about adjusting temperature. I bought a Brinsea Spot Check thermometer and the bator is holding steady at 100*
smile.png

Best of luck!

I have the same one and just finished a great hatch in my Genesis. Here is what I did. When you fill the center resovoir do it with warm almost hot water. I needed to do it about every other day.

The day you take out the turner for lockdown, Take aquarium tubing and run it through the slot that was for the turner power cord. Run the tube ithru the metal grate and into one of the center water resovoirs.

Run the other end (the outside end) into the small end of a plastic turkey bastor - fits snuggly and perfectly. You can remove the bulb end to add new water during lockdown and you can attach the bulb to suck out the cooled water and add more hot if you need to get your temp or humidity up during lockdown.

I would heat water in the microwave if my humidity really dipped. Then i could pour it through the bastor down the tube and into the bin. this would get the humidity up quickly and help keep the temp up.

Worked great for me...you may all have different things that worked for you.

I got my 1588 on Tuesday. It's up and running too. I got some of my eggs in the mail today and the rest I am picking up tomorrow. I will be setting them Saturday morning. So we can hatch together.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom