Genesis vs. Brinsea... Survey

I think you need to determine a few different things to help you make up your mind.

- What is your budget?
- How many eggs do you plan on hatching at a time?
- How often do you plan on hatching?

I've only owned a Hova-bator Genesis myself, and I am very happy with it. I hear wonderful things about the Brinsea incubators and would consider getting one, but honestly, I only hatch a few times a year so I don't feel there's any need for me to get a fancier/more expensive incubator. My Genesis keeps its temperature steady, it's easy to manage the humidity, it auto-turns the eggs, and I've had great hatches in it. It's reliable and easy to use. For less than $200 including an egg turner and able to hold 40+ eggs, I'm very pleased with it.

I hope that helps your decision either way.
smile.png

Quote:
Hey Gryeyes--how come you dont or didnt get the 40?? Thats what Im looking at now

Well, you see, my first was a miniAdvance, only 7 eggs, couldn't go too overboard with that. Hmmm, most egg auctions are 10 or 12 eggs, guess I should get another MiniAdvance.....

But that was before I developed the full blown addiction to hatching. I kept telling myself I wouldn't need to incubate so many eggs, and I also thought it would be easier than trying to do staggered hatches in the same 'bator. Each incubator has its own clutch all due at the same time.

And that is a chunk of change to shell out all at once.

....saving up for something works for folks who don't have trouble with delayed satisfaction.....

Last edited:
Quote:
Yep, I've thought about those. When I hatch I mainly plan to hatch really big hatches... they'd fill my Brinsea. My budget is open to either one. I plan on hatching about every season, maybe twice in Spring.

I have had the good old LG, still air, no turner (never again), An old redwood incubator that held a lot of eggs, loved that one, I had one of the old round metal Brower incubators, did fairly well with that and currently have the Genesis 1588 pre-set with turner and I am very happy with it. Super easy to operate and I have had very good hatches. Cutler Supply has the best price on this model, I think I paid 187.00 shipped! I am sure I will eventually go to a cabinet type incubator, but for a small one, this does a great job in my opinion.
Hope this helps you make a decision. Merry Christmas too!

I have an older Brinsea pro 20 with the auto turner and humidity pump. Its awesome, even with shipped eggs. I just set it and forget it. Rock solid temps and with the humidity pump, I just keep an eye on the tupperware bowl that I keep the water in and it does the rest.

Back
Top Bottom