Genetic/Breeding Question

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Panhanle RIR, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Panhanle RIR

Panhanle RIR Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2010
    Texas County, Oklahoma
    I have 2 Mille Fluer D'Uccle/Bantam Leghorn crosses 1 roo and 1 hen

The hen is grey and white about 5 to 6 in tall and clean legged with a medium comb and lays small light tan eggs

The Roo is white and orange with tail feathers that almost drag the ground a large comb for him he is about 7 in tall and have feathered legs

neither one has the "beard" of the D'Uccle

Thier mom is a full blood Mille Fluer D'Uccle and thier dad is a white leghorn bought for the RIR hens

but when the MF D'Uccle roo died we let "maria" the MF DU hen out and the White leghorn "got with her" and she had these two Beautiful babies who she hatched out herself.

My question is if i breed them Will the get more of the D'Uccle characteristics?

Because from my understanding of genetics and my use of a punnet square there should be some like them some like the mom and some like the dad is this right?

Because i would like to hatch out more of this mix because they make great pets and lay alot of eggs.

2. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Right- you'll get some that look very much like d'uccles if you breed the siblings together.

3. MrChicken207

MrChicken207 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    Caribou, Maine
    you could also breed the rooster to the mother hen (the duccle) and get even more duccle characteristics (essentially 3/4 duccle)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by