Genetics : Take a guess before hatch : Pics

I like the color of your Silkie/EE chicken. I'm not seeing much of a crest yet, compared to what you see on a Silkie chick, so maybe a small tuft, either way will be a cutie.

So far. I placed eggs under my broodies as I'd get them over a period of a week or so. Don't give up hope yet. I'll candle them in a bit.

So far. I placed eggs under my broodies as I'd get them over a period of a week or so. Don't give up hope yet. I'll candle them in a bit.
I think it's better to just hold the eggs you want her to incubate and then place them all under her at once, that way you have them all hatching over the same 48hours or so. Doing it your way, she often won't stay on the nest long enough to allow those last placed eggs to fully develop.

Just fyi for next time.

Hooray! We have a little rooster from this mix. Hatched last night. 5 toes, feathered shanks, yellow skin, little puff on his head.

Pics to follow!

oh and you will produce Sex Links also, girls will have black skin, boys will have yellow skin...AWESOME...! I love silkie crosses, hey keep us updated on this, as I´m doing a research on this matter... thanks
I have heard of this - but have not been successful in doing it. A few boys have had light skin, but a few have also had black skin. This was with a light skinned silkie and a black skinned silkie
_MG_5034.jpg
You can see a light skinned boy in the background. No light skinned girls - but the girl I have is a silkie and has light skin - so how would that have been sex linked to her? ;) Mother
FloraMae.jpg
Father
_MG_1079.jpg
Girl #1
_MG_0849.jpg
Girl #2
_MG_4498.jpg
Mating daughter #1 to male:
_MG_3258.jpg
Resulted in:
_MG_3660.jpg
Daughter #1
_MG_5069.jpg
Son # 1 Here is another example on how it doesn't work.. Mother - Buff Laced Polish Father - black sizzle above. Almost all chicks (save 3) have light skin. Some with the light skin are female.
_MG_4944.jpg
Light skinned female
_MG_5222.jpg
Light skinned male
_MG_5122.jpg
One of the dark skinned chicks - too young to tell in my opinion.
_MG_5076.jpg
Older smooth - dark skinned female.

Back
Top Bottom