Genetics : Take a guess before hatch : Pics

Here is a tiny little sneak peek of our chick. I'm at work and my husband took this. Looks partridge with black skin, but really not sure on the skin. I will get pictures all around when I get home later. (PS do you have any idea how badly I want to leave work and go home???)

Last edited:
Here is a tiny little sneak peek of our chick. I'm at work and my husband took this. Looks partridge with black skin, but really not sure on the skin. I will get pictures all around when I get home later. (PS do you have any idea how badly I want to leave work and go home???)

oh my.... if it has black/bluish skin then its a little pullet, congrats.....
celebrate.gif

Oh I'm sure I will have a little rooster. This is actually the very first pullet that I've hatched. Out of five chicks that I hatched in my life every one of them has been a rooster except for this one. :p

Oh I'm sure I will have a little rooster. This is actually the very first pullet that I've hatched. Out of five chicks that I hatched in my life every one of them has been a rooster except for this one.
tongue.png
I hope you keet that up too, but in all fairness you are still have 50/50 chances of getting a boy or a girl, or close to 50/50%, do you know that if one flips a faif coin 100 times, there is only an 8% chance that there will be exactly 50 heads? and in your case you are not hatching such large numbers that a theorem like Law of Large Numbers(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_large_numbers) can be applied here

below cross is a very simmilar cross to yours, the boys having none black legs and skin and the pullets having black skin and shanks.... I bet with a high degree of certainty that the rooster of this cross was a white silkie(I´ll P.M the Owner)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Rooster

35629_silkie_chick_5-15-2010_1_resized.jpg

(Camo) Silkie Cross... Gift to special young lady!
35629_silkie_cross_5-15-2010_1.jpg

(Skeezer) Silkie Cross... Gift to another young lady!
OK... here's wat happens... families come by the farm and the kids pick up the friendly little silkie roos that walk right up to their feet. And my sweet wife & daughter will ask mom and dad if the young'uns can have the little birds... most accept!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom