FaceplantAT19

In the Brooder
Aug 28, 2020
Virginia, USA
I'm new but trying to learn about the genotypes of my chickens! I have these 3 I'm particularly curious about. If anyone has any ideas about the genotypes (related especially to their coloring) I'd really appreciate it!!

This first two were sold to me as Ameraucanas:
20200831_141640.jpg
20200831_141838.jpg
#1 I am guessing is Bl/bl+ (split for blue gene which dilutes black coloring to blue) but past that I'm a little lost. What base (E-locus) gene do you think would create her darker head and lighter body? Also the feathers around her neck almost look laced... Do you think she has the pattern gene or can that sometimes happen without the pattern gene?

20200831_141741.jpg
20200831_141737.jpg
#2 Is beautiful but I'm pretty lost about her to be honest. Anyone know what she genes she might be carrying?

And this one was sold to me as an EE:
20200831_141618.jpg
20200831_141647.jpg
#3 is also beautiful but I'm so curious - What would you call the pattern on her individual feathers and what genes would cause that? (maybe pattern and melanizer genes?) Also, what combination of genes would cause her head to be gold with no black?

Thank you so much in advance for helping me learn!!

You probably already know that these are EEs.

1. looks like a blue duckwing partridge heterozygote? I’m a little lost on the E locus too, but I’m sure she has one copy of e+
eebBlbl
2.salmon. She’s silver wheaten probably heterozygous for duckwing with at least one copy of mahogany. EwheMhmh
3 some kind of rough spangling? Honestly could be any E base. Probably at least one copy of pattern gene and columbian and ginger. Melanized too. I’m too unconfident do give you any sort of genotype here.

Back
Top Bottom