Genuine Freedom Ranger Chicks Available

Dear Mary,

Have you been able to make contact with Jerry? I saw that you had the price he is charging and his address. I figured you got that from him..
Do you know how often he plans to hatch chicks and ship them? Did he mention how he plans to ship them for any of us that live out of WI?
.66 is a GREAT price and we may want to get some in July but I think that it might be to hot to ship chicks in July. I remember when we got our dog the breeder wouldn't ship in the summer heat months.. Depending on what you can find out or what the farmer is doing we'll probably take the ones we have now and order again in the Spring.. hoping he will still be selling them.
The GREAT thing about the Amish is that you know they are feeding them Organic feed
smile.png

God Bless you always,

Ann
Quote:

Dear Standard Hen,

Freedom Ranger chickens are meat / Broiler chickens that can support their heavy weighted bodies and will not buckle under from that weight. Their legs are thick and they will continue to eat and drink right up to processing date..
From what I learned from Greyfields who posts on here, the Cornish Cross legs are a lot of times deformed or buckle under when they get heavy. They stop getting up to go eat and drink and will die looking at the food bowl rather than get up and go eat..
I wanted a Broiler that would range or out side eat grass and move around some with no problems. That's when Greyfields told me about the Freedom Rangers and their AWESOME flavor and such..
I was ordering egg chickens for the Spring and added Freedom Rangers to my list of chickens to order. At the time we had to order 100 of them because it was the cold part of Spring in Ohio and that was the required amount to order. I posted on here for anyone to go in on the chickens because we surely didn't want or need 100. I got 2 people to go in on them with me and we ended up with 46.
I'm hoping they taste as good as their meaty size is showing us. Only one had a leg injury and had to be put in a box by himself to eat and drink in peace.
Our Rangers go to market in a week and we'll let you all know how good they are..
smile.png

If you want more info. hopefully Greyfields will read this post and reply because he has had them for years now and this is our first batch.
The roosters are starting to crow in the basement and it sounds SO FUNNY!!!
smile.png
By the time they figure out how to crow right they will be gone LOL!!
smile.png

Our pullets (sp?) are doing well and will be out in the tractors and on grass in a couple more days when my husband finishes the tractors..
smile.png

God Bless you always,

Ann

Quote:

LOL those imoticons are so funny!! Thanks for the laugh!!
smile.png

God Bless,

Ann
Quote:
I'm with you
hu.gif
idunno.gif

Does anyone on here use electric mesh netting for their chickens on range? If so what do you use to aid support to the flimsy stakes that are included?
I read that you can use a T-Post but aren't they metal or does the coating on them prevent them from being electrified?
Any suggestions about where to put the grounding rods? My husband and I are new to this but don't want to mess up using electricity.. You would have thought for the price we paid for the stuff they would have included some instructions but believe it or not there isn't a single page in the box..
How messed up is that? LOL

God Bless,

Ann

I guess they figure we are born knowing!!! We have a lightweight metal post from Tractor Supply that we use for temporary horse fence.....they are U-shaped, and inexpensive. I have to use a mallet to get them into the ground-DH can push them in if it is not too dry. You will have to use an insulator on them.

On ground rods, they have to go down to the soil moisture level to ground--sometimes down here we go 6-8 feet on the permenant fence!!

Good Luck! Has anyone heard from the Amish guy yet?
I am concerned about the communication gap.....I know it can take forever to get hold of my harness guy....then he returns my call at 5:30 A.M.!!!!!

Nancy

Nancy,

Thanks for the post!
smile.png
I haven't heard from him I was going to leave another message this morning around 9AM but the neighbor's line was busy I'll try again some time. I was hoping that someone else would leave him a message as well.
smile.png
Team effort LOL!!
How do you put an insulator on a T-Post or the post you mentioned? We shop almost weekly sometimes 2 or 3 times a week at Tractor Supply GREAT store!! They even had the best price on my Bonide Fruit Tree Spray.
smile.png

This isn't a temporary fence we move around as well. Do you put the ground rod by the fencing or by the barn where the A/C line is plugged in?
I am also concerned about the communication gap and how will we pay this guy? I used PayPal I LOVE PayPal to pay Barbara. It'll be quite scary to pay someone who you can't go to about (where are my chickens) and such.. What do you all think?

God Bless,

Ann
Quote:

Quote:
Yes. My stakes aren't flimsy. But, if you're having problems with sagging, pound t-posts at the corners then you can stretch the netting as tighthly as you like. The only time the posts don't support well is when I hit rocks and have to fuss aroudn to find a good spot for the post to go.

Quote:
You tie the corners to the t-posts with bailing twine, but you don't let the two touch. Otherwise the t-post will ground your system.

Quote:
The ground roud can go absolutely anywhere as long as it's embeded into the ground. So, the easiest thing to do is place it near your charger.
smile.png

Quote:
They snap onto t-posts. The most common brands are Red-Snappr and Zebra I think. They are just plastic clips.

However, those are used to connect high-tensile or polywire to t-posts and keep the insulatd. Your poultry netting already has the posts. You are just using the t-posts at the corners so you can stretch the netting as tightly as possible.

Quote:
By the barn.

Back
Top Bottom