Georgina squatted for me!

Curious Georgina

Chirping
Jun 1, 2022
So excited to see my rebel girl Curious Georgina squat in front of me twice yesterday and once this morning. I stroked her end tail is that the right thing to do? She has become submissive after being totally wild ( we got her as a rescue). Still no eggs. Our flock is 12 weeks and had them since a day old. Georgina is 2o weeks and has finally integrated nicely into the pack. She has no other hen/ chicken however to copy or learn from. Will she lay soon? I’m offering egg shells and several nesting boxes are set up in the coop.

She's getting ready. Put nesting material in the nest boxes and either ceramic nest eggs or golf balls.
I’ve got fake eggs in each box. I’m trusting instinct will take over as she has no hen to copy being 2 months older than everyone else. She’s looking in the boxes but has’nt got in.

So excited to see my rebel girl Curious Georgina squat in front of me twice yesterday and once this morning. I stroked her end tail is that the right thing to do? She has become submissive after being totally wild ( we got her as a rescue). Still no eggs. Our flock is 12 weeks and had them since a day old. Georgina is 2o weeks and has finally integrated nicely into the pack. She has no other hen/ chicken however to copy or learn from. Will she lay soon? I’m offering egg shells and several nesting boxes are set up in the coop.
She is getting very close, is she checking out the boxes yet? Very good sign.

Back
Top Bottom