German Faverolles in ... Germany

Welcome to BYC! Glad you could join us! Beautiful flock!
Thank you.

Welcome to Backyard Chickens! We are glad you joined the flock!:welcome BYC is a helpful site providing all the information you need to know about poultry! There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: You do have beautiful faverolles, something you can foward to in the future since people will always look at you as the person with the beautiful, show quality chickens! Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!
Thank you for the compliment.

What a beautiful flock. Faverolles are such a lovely, gentle breed.:welcome:yesss:
Yes, until they catch sight of raw meat.:eek:

Welcome aboard! Beautiful birds and beautiful country!
Thank you.

:welcome

Hi Ana, lovely birds! Thanks for sharing some pictures and thanks for joining us!
Pics I got. :D

Willkommen, Ana!
Beautiful flock, thanks so much for posting the link ! First time I have read a German article on chickens I’m from Frankfurt/Main but did not have chickens when I lived in Germany.
Thank you. The website the article is on is from a Faverolles breeder, but an extremely informative general chicken website.

Hello, Ana, and welcome to BYC. Your birds are beautiful.
Thank you.

Welcome to BYC! Glad you could join us! Beautiful flock!
Thanks!

I wanted a heritage breed that was native to Germany and came across the German Faverolles. I even found a breeder not too far away, but he did not have any extra pullets at the time. I started looking everywhere, even France, to no avail. But luckily my first breeder went through another selection and was able to give me 5 salmon Faverolles and one white Faverolles. That was 2 years ago
There were some Salmon German Faverolles at the Italian national poultry show in December. Three breeders showed them, two were listing theirs for sale in the €60 to €70 range. The best in breed winning rooster was going for €70. If you're interested, send my a private message, I can send you the names and contact numbers of those breeders. One is in Udine, just a 5 hour drive from Munchen. The other two are near Milan and Torino. (oh, I just saw you're from an hour north of Trier, so it's more like a 10 hour drive to Udine!)

I posted one at the top of this post. The other two in the post are French Favorelles.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...ionship-dec-2018.1288055/page-8#post-20877878

Last edited:
Hello, Ana, and a late welcome to BYC! :frow I some how missed you when you introduced yourself 3 months ago. Sorry.
I intentionally chose a Salmon Faverolles for my flocks cockerel. So far he is working out great! A few minor lapses in judgement on his part when he thought flogging me would be a fine idea but nothing serious. Here he is at 6.5 months old.
20181104_134840.jpg
20181104_134711.jpg

Back
Top Bottom