German New Hampshire

Some of the birds Kathy sent in the spring. I have these and several I hatched here from last years birds....so hopefully we will have plenty to breed from the next spring. These hatch at close to 100%. I have one male with 8 hens and he gets around to them all, although he does have favorites.

Walt

Thanks Walt, it's always good to see pictures of Good looking New Hampshires. I do enjoy mine from Kathy fro about three years ago.

Scott

Some of the birds Kathy sent in the spring. I have these and several I hatched here from last years birds....so hopefully we will have plenty to breed from the next spring. These hatch at close to 100%. I have one male with 8 hens and he gets around to them all, although he does have favorites.

Walt

Gorgeous birds with striking colors!!

I can not get a good side shot of this boy for the life of me but wanting to know what you guys think of his breedworthyness if you can tell from these pics..... He is 8 mos. old now and glad to hear they still fill out till 11 months. I don't know much about this breed, bought the chicks with the hope of getting a nice pullet to cross with my Delaware Cock to improve my stock and really fell for them. Sometimes I look at him and he looks to be a super chunky boy, wide back, depth to body, other times and in these pics. he looks slight to me. I would like to see his wings held a little higher/tighter and his does have the one irregularity in his comb.
I like the profile and he should get wider. Negatives are he is kind of narrow and needs more in the front end. Probably just needs some growing. Walt

Agree with Walt...he could use a deeper and wider front...IMHO, he's definitely one worth keeping until fully mature...he's got a decent tail set too...so many have a tail set that is too high with a break in the top line...his appears smooth..More pro's than cons with this young male
wink.png

Agree with Walt...he could use a deeper and wider front...IMHO, he's definitely one worth keeping until fully mature...he's got a decent tail set too...so many have a tail set that is too high with a break in the top line...his appears smooth..More pro's than cons with this young male
wink.png
Thank you both! Sadly he came in with a fair amound of white at the base of several sickle feathers a month after these pics were taken (he was 8 mos old) and was culled. I had intended to keep him as a flock watcher replacement as he was so good with the babies I am constantly incorporating but i looked at my numbers and decided he should probably go. Hope I didn't over react but regardless he is gone now :(

Thank you both! Sadly he came in with a fair amound of white at the base of several sickle feathers a month after these pics were taken (he was 8 mos old) and was culled. I had intended to keep him as a flock watcher replacement as he was so good with the babies I am constantly incorporating but i looked at my numbers and decided he should probably go. Hope I didn't over react but regardless he is gone now :(
Thanks for the update.
smile.png

Not sure...she sure might be. She has downsized alot over the past few months.

I know Marcia in AZ (desertmarcy on BYC) has some nice, pure GNH's originally from Chris Herzog (I believe from Akers? same line)

Cindy

Correction, mine did not come from Chris, they came from Matt Ulrich (Matt1616 on BYC) and yes they are pure GNHs.

Back
Top Bottom