German New Hampshire

We also received a shipment of GNH eggs today from cpartist. Best packaging job I've ever seen. Very excited to see how these eggs hatch.
jumpy.gif

k got a question about this breed i have new hampshire reds they look just exactly like the pics on this post. Is there a difference between the new hampshire and the german new hampshire?

The coloring is slightly different. The neck feathers are slightly lighter in color, more golden to me. The breast is broader. I just like them better. The personality of the ones I have had has been really great too.

I have non hatchery NH's and I can't tell the difference... but I only have roos that are Reg NH and none laying hens that are 3/4 GNH and I can't tell the difference in the color. Just me maybe or maybe because my GNH are mixed and not PURE GNH. IDK

I have found the German NHs also tend to have some foot and leg feathers. Not a whole lot, but a few. I have pure German NHs. They are great layers, very calm disposition, all around great birds. Chicks are hatching out nice and healthy. Here's a photo of one of my males.

A few of the hens:

One of my favorite hens:

I just had to share this photo, taken today, of my "soon to be" cock (hatched first week of April '12). The sunlight on these German New Hampshires just makes them glow....

Back
Top Bottom