German New Hampshire

These are some of my F'1 cockerals and pullets from this seasons breedings, my first season breeding NH. All are 20 - 25 weeks old and I have so far culled down to 22 pullets and 7 cockerals. Please feel free to critique and comment, I am considering showing some of these birds in October and would love some feedback. Most of the cockerals had tails like the females should have with the coloured border, they were all culled except for one and I show his tail in one of the pics. so you can see what I am meaning. I culled all pullets that did not have the black tipped lower neck feathers. Could not get one good pic. of any of the pullets, they are all in a funny stance as they are on the move but hopefully you can see enough of their type. Third pic. down, the cockeral has a brother behind him, his tail is the one to the left as you look at the screen :)

Thank you Har. I really appreciate the compliment. I'm still learning and trying very hard not to mess them up. She is from my second hatch from my original birds I bought from Mr. Braden.

Thank you Har. I really appreciate the compliment. I'm still learning and trying very hard not to mess them up. She is from my second hatch from my original birds I bought from Mr. Braden.
Do you guys know if Bill Braden still has birds? Or if he is in good health? I noticed recently that his website is down and I sent him an email that went unanswered, which is not like him. I don't know him real well, but I've purchased some birds from him before and we've corresponded a bit by email.

I sent him an email in March and he responded to it. Sent one this week and haven't heard from him yet. Hopefully someone close to him will see your post and let us know. He is a very dear man. I hope he is ok.

Last edited:
10734135_10204012054514219_3605826399040219668_n.jpg

Almost ready for my first show Sat. These cockerals have kicked my but this week trying to keep them calm getting their large/heavy bodies into and out of the cage door. Once in or out they were perfectly calm from day one. I have bruises, scratches and a bite and it takes every bit of my strength to hold their wings next their bodies. Nothing like getting hit about the face and ears with large powerfull wings. Is this one of the dirty little secrets to showing large fowl??? :) Honestly, I am loving every bit of it!!!

10734135_10204012054514219_3605826399040219668_n.jpg
Almost ready for my first show Sat. These cockerals have kicked my but this week trying to keep them calm getting their large/heavy bodies into and out of the cage door. Once in or out they were perfectly calm from day one. I have bruises, scratches and a bite and it takes every bit of my strength to hold their wings next their bodies. Nothing like getting hit about the face and ears with large powerfull wings. Is this one of the dirty little secrets to showing large fowl??? :) Honestly, I am loving every bit of it!!!
Looking good Zanna. Good luck in the show and let us know how you come out!!!

Back
Top Bottom