German New Hampshire

Good hatching thoughts to you immyjay
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

I'm setting some of my new hamp eggs tomorrow for a test hatch, I was going to wait until spring but with all the interest in German blood lines why wait. After this hatch i will have eggs for sale.

OH MY GOSH: Just peeked in bator a few minutes ago and saw a pip in one of my eggs that I put in with the NH's and while looking at it I heard a little yeep and there came a pip in one of the NH's. I tried to take a picture but it isn't showing up. Oh my, I got an instant headache up the back of my neck to my forehead. lol This is awful. Sure am glad I never had to go through this with a wife having a child. Oh my, I would have probably ran off and left her at home. My mom always said it is a good thing I never married because I would have probably traded my wife off for a horse or cow but now I think it would be for a trio or two of chickens. ha,ha,ha. God bless my mom, she was 92 when she passed in 1997. She sure was a wise ole bird. Like an old broody hen, she had 12 of us and we could never replace her.
Will post later this evening or tomorrow, hopefully with a photo or two. Tomorrow is day 21

I'm setting some of my new hamp eggs tomorrow for a test hatch, I was going to wait until spring but with all the interest in German blood lines why wait. After this hatch i will have eggs for sale.

Good luck! Keep us updated. Pictures?

OH MY GOSH: Just peeked in bator a few minutes ago and saw a pip in one of my eggs that I put in with the NH's and while looking at it I heard a little yeep and there came a pip in one of the NH's. I tried to take a picture but it isn't showing up. Oh my, I got an instant headache up the back of my neck to my forehead. lol This is awful. Sure am glad I never had to go through this with a wife having a child. Oh my, I would have probably ran off and left her at home. My mom always said it is a good thing I never married because I would have probably traded my wife off for a horse or cow but now I think it would be for a trio or two of chickens. ha,ha,ha. God bless my mom, she was 92 when she passed in 1997. She sure was a wise ole bird. Like an old broody hen, she had 12 of us and we could never replace her.
Will post later this evening or tomorrow, hopefully with a photo or two. Tomorrow is day 21

I am so excited for you! WOOO HOOO ! ! !
clap.gif

Thank you so much Kathy. Heard another little yeep just a little while ago. I got to get settled down though, my head is about to split. lol I've never been this excited over any of my other hatches. I've wanted these NH's for a long time. Just hope I have enough to hatch that I can get a start with them. They are such beautiful birds. I look at your pictures all the time. These and Jeremy's BR's are just to pretty. Can't wait for them to start laying so I can hatch all their eggs. lol

Thank you so much Kathy. Heard another little yeep just a little while ago. I got to get settled down though, my head is about to split. lol I've never been this excited over any of my other hatches. I've wanted these NH's for a long time. Just hope I have enough to hatch that I can get a start with them. They are such beautiful birds. I look at your pictures all the time. These and Jeremy's BR's are just to pretty. Can't wait for them to start laying so I can hatch all their eggs. lol

I DO know what you are saying! These 2 breeds are the most exciting to me, as well! I just love them, and I know you will, too! Take some ibuprofen (Motrin), because you will have a backache soon (looking into the incubator)! Speaking from experience.
tongue.png

Last edited:
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
I can't wait to see these little guys. I have fallen for this breed and can't wait to get some of my own. Until then I will live through everyone else's hatches. I'll be waiting for pics!
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom