German New Hampshire

Just for fun GNH pics because their color is so awesome.
smile.png
tongue.png

GNH dust bathing.

GNH sunning themselves.

Yah, I'm gorgeous.

Looking at buying more new hampshire.....would like to find chicks anywhere from newly hatched up to a few weeks old. Eggs would be fine, but would need a good amount of them to get the number of chicks i'm looking to get. If anyone has any please let me know. Willing to pay a fair price for them.

A few pics of my New Hampshires.

I think the roo's tail is too high, and although I don't think the hen's tails are pinched they're not really fanned out as much as I'd like to see. Maybe something to work with.

My start came from Kathy, like everyone else. Then purchased more this spring from gjensen and another lady, to whom i can't remember her name right off hand. These are the best chickens i've ever had on the place. can't wait to hopefully add more this coming spring but would buy now if anyone has anything for sale.

A few pics of my New Hampshires.

I think the roo's tail is too high, and although I don't think the hen's tails are pinched they're not really fanned out as much as I'd like to see. Maybe something to work with.

The female in the middle pic has wonderful lacing in the tail. her tail might be a bit high too......or she could be excited.

Walt

Just bumping this thread back up to the top!

Anyone have any exciting news about their NH's? All my boys are just sitting around pouting waiting for the girls to show up!!!

Chris

Guess that explains it... my girls are playing footloose and fancy free BEFORE the boys get here!
lau.gif

Anyone going to the Ohio National in November? Finally talked hubby in to letting me go. Any good New Hampshires going to be there?

I've got three New Hampshire chicks, one a month or so old, the other two just a week. Surely doesn't qualify as "exciting", but it's the only New Hampshire news I've got. . .

I went to the Illini Poultry Club Show in Belvidere, Illinois this past Saturday. It was listed on their website as a "New Hampshire ... State Meet" but not a single New Hampshire was there. I was quite disappointed in that I had hoped to see some to compare mine to. I am hoping to go to the Central Indiana Poultry Show next month to see if there will be any shown there. The Ohio National is a bit far for just spectating and falls on my daughter's due date, so no trip there.

I've read that the German NH hens have "too much yellow" in their hackles. The picture below was taken yesterday in the bright midday sun....are her hackles "too yellow"?

This one in the shade gives the hackle color a softer look....

This one shows the different shadings on a single pullet that I had mentioned earlier in this thread.......

Back
Top Bottom