German Shepherd Rescue

Kathy,

This is Southern Gardener.

I’m astounded that you would even suggest not having him neutered! Have you BEEN to your local animal shelter lately? Have you logged on the ANY GSD forums and seen all the unwanted, abandoned and abused GSD’s? Like I stated in my last post he is a POORLY BRED GSD and you are suggesting he’d “throw beautiful pups”????????? OMG!!! The GSD rescues that I contacted cannot take him because they are FULL as were the other seven I contacted!!!!

As for him being “to old for re-training” You don’t know squat about dogs. Shelter dogs and rescues are HIGHLY trainable and make the most loyal pets – I know because I have two.

Between six and eight million dogs and cats enter U.S. shelters in one year – three to four million are euthanized.
Anybody that cares about dogs should NOT be breeding them unless they are a responsible PROFESSIONAL BREEDER. Backyard breeders, puppy mills and pet stores that sell dogs and cats should be illegal in this country.

Sam WILL be neutered before he leaves my home.

Quote:
\\

Wow...I hardly know what to say. I've raised and trained GSD's for companions and Schutzhund for almost 25 years. While Sam is probably a wonderful dog, Southern Gardener is right, he is very poorly bred, he hardly meets the GSD standard at all. Not to mention that with no pedigree or OFA certification, one should never breed.

He'd never work as a Schutzhund trained dog either, given his history. I'm not sure what your training methods were, but unless a dog has a sound temperment, he will NOT make a good protection-trained dog. That's just liability waiting to happen.

I truly hope Sam finds a good, responsible, and experienced. home that will have patience with him, and practice firm but kind training. And most important of all, NEUTER him.

Best of luck in rehoming Sam, SouthernGardener, you've done a truly humane thing in rescuing him.
hugs.gif

Oh my what a gorgeous boy. I am in Oregon which is too far, but he will make a great family pet.

I am a strong advocate for spaying and neutering and all of my dogs are and have been neutered or spayed. I find that there are plenty of dogs and cats available at shelters, rescues and in the newspapers that are a result of irresponsible ownership and breeding.

I agree SouthernGardner...neuter is the responsible and right thing to do. I would have it done if I acquired one that was intact. Thanks for watching over him and rescuing him.
hugs.gif

He’s scheduled to be neutered next Tuesday so hopefully this will subside a little.

Doesn't that mean he (Sam) is getting neutered....I'm a little lost....

edited to add the quote...​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom