Get emus

Hi,
I am also looking into getting emus, is there a place I can get ratite that isn't crazy expensive?

Ratite feed?

If you have a local TSC they can order in the Mazuri feed for you, or at least theoretically they should be able to. If you're in New England you might find a place selling Poulin Grain Ratite, which is what I feed.

Murray McMurray is a good place to get them but not till next yr that's when we are getting ours from my mom her hens have stopped laying for this yr

Are you perhaps saying emus but you're really meaning something else? McMurray definitely does not have emus, and if your mom has breeders, they would just now be starting to lay, or getting ready to, because we're coming into emu breeding season right now. So you saying hers have stopped laying for the year, when really they would be about to start, also makes me think there's a misunderstanding here.

And odds are tour neighbor who is fine with small birds sneaking over will not be as pleased if a 6 foot bird shows up suddenly
I just had this amazing visual in which the neighbor is just peacefully sitting and reading and hears a noise and assumes 'oh, it's just one of the neighbor's chickens' and then NYOOM comes this GIANT emu- :lau

Are you perhaps saying emus but you're really meaning something else? McMurray definitely does not have emus, and if your mom has breeders, they would just now be starting to lay, or getting ready to, because we're coming into emu breeding season right now. So you saying hers have stopped laying for the year, when really they would be about to start, also makes me think there's a misunderstanding here.
Wrong place lol not McMurray I ment Mandalay farms McMurray was another post my bad and I thought so but my mom said I had to wait for spring to get mine so she may want to hatch them herself as a surprise for my daughter idk she is crazy

They ship them over night alive or you could order eggs and hatch them yourself

I wouldn't do shipping on emu chicks. Nearly every emu breeder will tell you that they will absolutely not ship their chicks. They are prone to leg issues as babies and a leg issue means they're done - an emu needs two good legs to live. Rough shipping can cause leg injuries or issues like splayed legs, etc.

If they did ground transportation, like someone picks them up and then drives them to you, that's okay. But overnight shipping I'm thinking you mean through the post office or even on a plane, neither of which is a great plan.

Back
Top Bottom