Get Your Chick's Portrait Here! Offering Art on Commission

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Yoshii, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Yoshii

Yoshii Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi all! Wasn't sure to post this in "Everything Else BST" or here, but I took a shot in the dark and here I am! So, I am currently low on funds, and such circumstances lead me to offer my artistic prowess to you!

(Alternately, "Help me place my MPC order!")

So, I'm just an aspiring 18-year old artist who's been drawing for 7 or 8 years. I draw digital and traditional art, caricature ("toony") and realistically. Here's a handful of examples, not all chickens xD:

Modern game and chukar
    Down Low Farm and Hatchery logo, coturnix, birchen modern game, and chukar
    White silkie
    Rooster Head pencil sketch
    Antelope
    Bear
    Dragon, done in pencil
    Fox

I promise I can draw a whole body, apologies for not having more examples at the ready, had to reformat the comp recently and lost a lot of my work ^^;.

I can work from photos, or from a description, and animals are my forte. I'm not very good at drawing people.

Digital
    Icon/Bust commission, fully colored : 10$, includes simple background
    Full body commission, fully colored: 20$, includes simple background, +5$ for detailed background
    Logos commission, fully colored with full reproductive rights: 15-30$, depending on complexity, usually 20$

Traditional (pencil/marker):
    Sketch: 7$
    Lined: 10$
    Colored (or detailed sketch): 25$
    (shipping not included)

Realistic drawings are an extra 5$. I'm more than willing to work out a deal if you'd like to commission more than one piece!

Thanks so much for checking this, and I look forward to hearing from you! A personalized drawing makes a great gift or memento, get yours today [​IMG]. Just PM me or post to work out any details!

(paypal strongly preferred, other methods of payment accepted, 1/2 due upon completed sketch, rest upon completion of drawing)

CURRENT QUEUE: This is all the work I currently have lined up. If you see a problem, see you're name on here and it shouldn't be, or vice versa, just message me to sort it out.

TRADITIONAL:
    1. laurielynn67, rooster drawing - sketching

DIGITAL
    1. citalk2much, logo - Final draft being worked on, completed very soon!
    2. dddCT, logo? - messaged, waiting for reply/confirmation
    3. trishwish, logo? - messaged, waiting for reply/confirmation
    4. shadyglade, logo - sketching
    5. Bil, logo - sketching
    6. Hangin Wit My Peeps, logo - messages, waiting on reference pictures

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  2. AK_Button_Mama

AK_Button_Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    Wasilla, Alaska
    OH can you do an avatar that I could use on BYC? If I send a pic of my favorite birdie? I would LOVE to have a personalized avatar. it would need to meet the size requirements for BYC and I think that is 100X 100 pixles or something like that!!!

PM if you think you could do this that would ROCK!!!!

3. AK_Button_Mama

AK_Button_Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    Wasilla, Alaska
    oh could you do a logo? for a webby/business? OOOOHHH you are talented too!!! wow what a cool couple of pics there! how much do you charge for logos for a businese?

4. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    The digital file you are selling, how large is it?

5. Yoshii

Quote:For icon/bust commissions, they tend to be 500 or 600 pixels square in the original drawing, and reduced to icon side (I do that so the drawings maintain their quality). You get the original and the resized version.

For full portraits, they tend to be around 1200 pixels square, give or take (usually give, oftentimes they're up to 2000 pixels!). I.E. big XD. I can work bigger/in higher DPI if a person would like it to be the best printing quality.

6. Yoshii

Also, AK_Button_Mama, I PMed you.

7. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    I like your silkie one, I think its pretty cool!!!

8. Yoshii

Quote:Thanks! You're a pretty fantastic artist yourself :3.

Added another pencil sketch to OP.

9. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    Very nice work
    I need a logo
    What kind of charge to create one

10. Yoshii

Quote:Thanks! And I generally charge around 15-25 for logos, it varies a lot depending on complexity. Average of 20$.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by