Getting close to laying!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Kluk-Kluk, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Kluk-Kluk

Kluk-Kluk Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2014
    upstate New York
    I suddenly noticed that my Wyandotte's comb and wattles have turned red! Below are comparison photos from last month and today. I think that I'll be finding some extra eggs soon! Although I have six laying hens, the Wyandotte is one of five pullets that I raised from two-day-old chicks this summer. (The laying hens I bought as adults last winter.) I haven't been through this excitement before.
    [​IMG]

2. ThePRfan

ThePRfan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2014
    Looks adult to me.Give it a while.Normally they will act foolish begin bragging.You'll for sure know though.She'll be not so dossile after words.My first hen to lay Mrs.Prissy.She had a attitude after her first egg.

3. Kluk-Kluk

Kluk-Kluk Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2014
    upstate New York
    She's been investigating the nest box, but haven't seen her squat yet. Hm, I wonder if she'll announce it to the world when she does lay. Now with the cold weather, I don't always hear about it because my windows are closed.

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Congrats! I'm with you, it is sooooo egg-citing! I've had laying hens now for several years, and I STILL get excited to get the eggs! Have fun!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by