getting eggs for first time broody advise greatly appreciated x

tracytheone

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 3, 2014
uk lancashire
hi ive a lovely silkie xs wynadotte hen i hatched myself in jan and shes gone broody and made a nest. i won some eggs off ebay and they are only about 7 miles if that away from me. would i be able to put them in with her strait away or do i have to leave the eggs for a day or so.been reading up on this as never tried it before. also can i push her gently of her eggs shes been sat on, to put them in the nest and get the old ones out and put the new ones in. i dont have a cockerel so need to be moved before the other eggs go in so they dont go off. shes got food in the coup next to her not seen her nip out today for water tho but ive been in and out thanks x

Yes, I'd probably take her off the nest remove the old eggs and replace with the fertile eggs. Also mark the eggs so you can remove any new volunteers. As long as they don't get jostled in transit, you can put them under her straight away.

took her off the eggs she was sitting on put the fertilized ones under then she whent out had a drink then when in again. left her in peace but will check again later so got my fingers xd all will be well, i got 2 peking eggs 2 silkie eggs and 2 large fowl wellsummers x

Back
Top Bottom