Getting form ready for concrete

Vixen55

Chirping
Apr 29, 2021
Texas Hill Country
Crazy! We live in a cliche pit usually but look at the dirt!! Lots and lots to do before we pour the slab but we broke ground on the new coop!
1620942707996303339340868597017.jpg

An exciting moment.

What do your coop plans look like?
Well they're still in progress. I was looking last night about roosts and different peoples views. That was interesting. It's going to be about 8x8 give or take. I'm so excited for so much room! My little existing coop is 4x8 and only 4 feet tall, so this is going to be a Cadillac! Plus the water and electric pipes were found by my hubby who knows/knew how to witch for them lol! So we're going to be spoiled. I'm looking at the sites plans and ideas for coops. So many helpful tips and ideas my head is swimming!!

Well they're still in progress. I was looking last night about roosts and different peoples views. That was interesting. It's going to be about 8x8 give or take. I'm so excited for so much room! My little existing coop is 4x8 and only 4 feet tall, so this is going to be a Cadillac! Plus the water and electric pipes were found by my hubby who knows/knew how to witch for them lol! So we're going to be spoiled. I'm looking at the sites plans and ideas for coops. So many helpful tips and ideas my head is swimming!!

It's so very much fun, isn't it?

Where, in general, are you located? Climate matters a lot when it comes to housing.

DH has dubbed the new coop he's building for me The Chicken Palace -- it's a huge, Open Air coop, which suits my climate here in the Steamy Southeast, where 95-95 weather is the summer norm.

South Texas! Killer hot. 90's to 100's easily. So we're roofing the runs and will probably use shade cloth or tarps that we can move around. Plus parts of the run will be under a big oak.

Last edited:
Crazy! We live in a cliche pit usually but look at the dirt!! Lots and lots to do before we pour the slab but we broke ground on the new coop!View attachment 2667684
Take the corner braces out before you pour and replace with stakes on the outside to hold the forms in place. Cut the stakes lower than the top. That will make finishing the slab a lot easier

Back
Top Bottom